Easy as A, B, C . . . from BB
First things first: how to get the children out from under foot while you prepare the Thanksgiving Feast: keep their hands busy with crafts, their voices with singing, their noses buried in a book, and/or their eyes on a DVD. Here are some suggestions—and there are hundreds more at your local library.
So in honor of the talented and dear Barbara Park who just passed away, we dedicate time to reading, first, this ONE of her many Junie B. Jones, First Grader books:
1. Junie B. Jones, First Grader : Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) by Barbara Park
2. A Thanksgiving Drawing Feast! by Jennifer M. Besel
3. Creating Thanksgiving Crafts by Dana Meachen Rau
4. Giving Thanks: Poems, Prayers, and Praise Songs of Thanksgiving edited and with reflections by Katherine Paterson
5. Grace’s Thanksgiving by Lisa Bullard
6. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving by Charles M. Schulz
7. Corny Thanksgiving Jokes to Tickle Your Funny Bone by Linda Bozzo.
8. What was the First Thanksgiving? by Joan Holub
9. The Mayflower and the First Thanksgiving [DVD]
10. Turkey Trouble on the National Mall by Ron Roy
Now for the adults: want to try a new recipe? You tired of the same ol’, same ol’ ?
11. Thanksgiving: How to Cook it Well by Sam Sifton
Or do you just need to escape for a little while?
12. Drizzled with Death by Jessie Crockett
Or maybe this whole “thankful” thing is just too much!
13. Thankless in Death by J. D. Robb
One way, or another, this should keep you sane until the Thanksgiving Season is over. Yikes: here comes Christmas!
See you day‑ after‑ tomorrow for Saturday’s Softcover!