EASY AS A, B, C . . . from BB
I’m guessing some of these are outdated, but they’re entertaining even if they only “used to be” (And a few strange laws concerning food, eating, even chewing):
- During your lifetime, you’ll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that’s the weight of about 6 elephants!
- The world’s oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old!
- In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!
- The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!
- Rice paper does not have any rice in it!
- The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia!
- Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum!
- Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate.
- In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
- In New Jersey, cabbage can’t be sold on Sunday.
- In Cleveland, Ohio, it is unlawful to leave chewing gum in public places.
- In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.
See you day-after-tomorrow for Saturday’s Softcover